Cala Sardinera (Jávea) - panorama view of the mediterranean sea

 As mentioned before, I haven't actually been to that many beaches before so I can't write an review on all of them. But I do want to highlight some of the ones that I really like. 



Cala Sardinera is a cove located in Jávea in the Alicante region. Javea is a popular town for a weekend escape or even a day trip in the summer because there are many beautiful beaches.

If you are going from Valencia city by car, you will get to Call Sardinera in around 1.5 hour.



Source: Wikiloc.com

After parking your car, you will have to take a 15-20 minutes walk from the motorway down to the cove. The route is fairly comfortable but flip-flops are not recommended... 

(I know because the first time when Adri brought me there he told me to bring "zapatillas" which I misunderstood to be flip-flop but actually he meant trainers. 😅 language barrier is real..  😂)



And TADAAA! Look how clear the water is!! It's perfect for scuba diving. 

3 things to bare in mind:
There are jelly fish!!!
(I got beaten and god knows how itchy it was! The scar is still visible after 2 months.)
Wear neoprene shoes 
because it is very rocky and they are covered in moss so it can be quite slippery under the water, especially when you are trying to scuba-dive
Always bring a beach umbrella (sombrilla)..
You can literally get burnt after 30 minutes under the Sun in Spain even with sunscreen on.



Look how comfy Ximo is taking a nap under the shade!


Cala Sardinera is definitely a lovely cove worth visiting if you are looking for spot along the coast that is less crowded but easy to get by. Hope you like my sharing! 

Lots of love,
Cherrie x 

Comments

Popular Posts