Birthday week!

Despite all the heavy school work and Covid, these 2 weeks we have done marathon style (legal) birthday celebrations for my birthday as well as Adri's birthday!


 I felt so pampered on my birthday, waking up to a surprise breakfast pack ordered by my Argentinian flatmates!


There was sooo much to eat that I felt like the 2 of us could eat it for 2-3 days for breakfast. They also included the Alfajor, a classic Argentinian sweet which is a Dulce de Leche (burnt condense milk) biscuit sandwich covered with chocolate, Torta de Membrillo (which is like a jam tart), as well as scone with homemade jam!


This was my just-woke-up and being-spoiled happy face.




Later on I requested a super sandwich for my birthday lunch, with fresh bread, pesto, tomato, mozzarella and chicken. We also picked up pizza for dinner (it was promotion Tuesday - 5 euros on all pizza!!) but I was too full after eating my super birthday sandwich. 😂



My 2 lovely friends Steffi and Jon also prepared 2 surprise cakes for me. So much love indeed! 💖

And then a week later ... it's Adri's birthday. (yes we are both scorpios 😆😏)

I prepared Japanese Char Siu (roast pork) rice for dinner before his birthday. It was super easy to make and it turned out to be so delish!


Then in the morning I picked up some fresh croissants after class and made smoked salmon, egg and avocado croissant for birthday breakfast ^_^


Basically we ate sooo much cake in my birthday week that we decided to go for something savoury instead of making a cake. 




After that we went to Restaurante Camaleón for a lovely 3-course lunch! It was definitely one of the best restaurant I have been and you can't miss it if you ever come of Spain. See review on Restaurante Camaleón.

You think we ate a lot? 

Wait for it.. we also went shopping to make hotpot at night. 😆



We both loveeee hotpot so much and thank god Adri also likes spicy food. I must say it was quite an interesting experience to have hot pot with a Spaniard at home in Spain haha!


On Sunday I also made Basque cheesecake (finally he has a proper birthday cake!) but the pumpkin cake Adri's mum made was also super spongy and homey! 





It is so nice to do marathon birthday celebration together. Can't wait for more to come! 💖

Lots of love,
Cherrie


Comments

Popular Posts